2022-2023 Manati Fellowship Cohort 2 – Applications are now open!
What is the National Charter Collaborative (NCC)?
The National Charter Collaborative (NCC) supports single-site charter network leaders of color whose schools reflect the hopes and dreams of their students and the cultural fabric of their communities. Charter school leaders of color are a critical yet overlooked collective representing an estimated one-fourth of charter schools impacting over 335,000 students across the U.S.
What is Manati?
Manati is a fellowship program to support single-site charter school leaders in acquiring the necessary skills to sustain and grow their school(s). This fellowship will center on creating a peer community of school leaders of color who will connect and collaborate on pressing issues faced in single-site schools. Fellows will develop shareable and scalable solutions to those problems with best-in-class subject matter experts and service providers, pilot and iterate on those designs in real-time during the school year, and capture processes and lessons learned to scale these solutions across the broader National Charter Collaborative (NCC) network. As a result of the Manati experience and ongoing engagement with the NCC community, each Fellow’s impact will be accelerated and even catapulted.
Who Should Apply?
School leaders of color who serve as senior-level leaders in your organization/ school and report directly to the Board of Directors/ Trustees.
Manati Fellowship Structure
The information below represents a high-level overview of the Manati Fellowship structure.
- The Manati Fellowship is an 18-month leadership journey with quarterly convenings, beginning in the Fall of 2022 and ending in the Winter of 2023
- Session 1: October 18-21, 2022 – Atlanta
- Session 2: January 18-20, 2023 – Indianapolis
- Session 3: April 26-28, 2023 – New Orleans
- Session 4: July 19 – 21, 2023 – Virtual
- Session 5: October 18- 20, 2023 – Virtual
- Session 6: December 6-8, 2023 – D.C.
- There will be a total of 7 – 10 Manati Fellows.
- The fellowship includes travel to multiple cities for school visits
- Fundamental to the fellowship experiences is participation in a “powerful learning conference.”
Defining Success: Goals & Competencies
Manati Fellowship goals are specific to the fellowship’s three pillars: Leadership Development, Community, and School Design.
The Leadership Development arm of the Manati Fellowship is designed to build capacity and competency. For details regarding the fellowship goals and competencies, please visit here
Goals of the Application
During this phase of the selection process, we’re looking to:
- Create the space for personal reflection on impact to date and long-term visioning
- Learn about the future you envision
Components of the Application
Please carve out no more than one hour to complete your application starting on July 18, 2022. The application will collect:
- Basic demographic information
- Background Information
- A one-way interview completed through Spark Hire. The process is simple. We created a few questions for you to answer via webcam or mobile device. You can download the Spark Hire mobile app for your iOS or Android. Please limit interview answers to 3-5 min per question.
- A vision of student success through the creation of a vision board
Vision Board Submission
Before beginning this application, please spend time to create a vision board that best answers the following questions. You will be asked to upload or provide a link to your vision board in the application.
Guiding Question: “Imagine your school/network five years from now. How will you know if your school has been successful?”
- Think of this as a vision board for your school/organization that shares the past, the present, and where you hope to be.
- You can only include five artifacts on this vision board. The artifacts should best describe your vision for your school/organization five years from now.
- Each artifact may consist of a 100-word maximum description.
- The intention is not to create new work products but to use existing content, such as photos, social media posts, personal statements, blog posts, or maybe a presentation.
- All artifacts should fit on one page (8.5X11) and be saved as a pdf document to be uploaded or a URL provided.
How to Apply?
Follow this link to proceed to your application and video interview: https://hire.li/ee87c40
. Please make sure that you have completed your vision board before starting.
Deadline to Apply
Sunday, August 21, 2022, at 11:59 pm